1. find the possible orbits, the frequency of the motion for circular orbits and the frequency of small oscillations in the radial direction caused by perturbations that make the movement depart from circular motion.
2. The particle initially is moving in a circle of radius a. Find teh orbital speed v. It is then given a blow of impulse Mv in a direction making an angle alpha with its original velocity. Use teh conservation laws to determine the minimum and maximum distances from the origin during the subsequent motion. Explain your results physically for two limiting cases: alpha=0 and alpha=pi
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from 382 HW9.
- A supermarket ran a linear regression of the number of cans of soup sold (y) against daily temperature (x) in degrees Fahrenheit, for an entire year’s worth
- This week we will explore the Law of Large Numbers. Note: The probability of rolling a six on a standard die is 1/6 or 0.1667. Roll a standard die 10