a. Radioactive half-life
b. Correspondence principle
c. Schrodinger wave equation
d. de Broglie matter waves
2. Explain how "carbon dating" is used to establish the age of nonliving things.
3. State the number of neutrons and protons in each of the following nuclei:
a. 11 H
b. 17979 AU
c. 146 C
d. 23992 U
4. When radium 226 decays emitting an alpha particle, what is the atomic number and atomic mass of the resulting nuclei?
5. If a sample of a radioactive isotope has a half-life of 3 years, how much of the original sample will be left at the end of:
a. 3 years?
b. 6 years?
c. 9 years?
d. 15 years?
6. Define the following terms:
7. How are radioactive isotopes produced?
8. What is a radioactive tracer?
Recently Asked Questions
- A manager has a $250 million portfolio that consists of 40% stock and 60% bonds. The beta of the stock position is 1.4. The modified duration of the bond
- Please, help with checking my answers. I don't know if I am doing the assignment correctly..... Thank you. Absolute and Comparative Advantage Use the table
- Because of many reinvestment opportunities, the XYZ Company is not expected to pay any dividends for the next 3 years. Beginning 4 years from