1. Define the following terms:
a. Radioactive half-life
b. Correspondence principle
c. Schrodinger wave equation
d. de Broglie matter waves
2. Explain how "carbon dating" is used to establish the age of nonliving things.
3. State the number of neutrons and protons in each of the following nuclei:
a. 11 H
b. 17979 AU
c. 146 C
d. 23992 U
4. When radium 226 decays emitting an alpha particle, what is the atomic number and atomic mass of the resulting nuclei?
5. If a sample of a radioactive isotope has a half-life of 3 years, how much of the original sample will be left at the end of:
a. 3 years?
b. 6 years?
c. 9 years?
d. 15 years?
6. Define the following terms:
7. How are radioactive isotopes produced?
8. What is a radioactive tracer?
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Rev exam 3 120335.pdf.
- A company has tool cribs where workmen draw parts. Two men have applied for the position of distributing parts to the workmen. George Fuller is fresh out of
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Micro Quiz 5.