1) An old wooden tool is found to contain only 11.9 percent of 14C that a sample of fresh wood would. How many years old is the tool?
2) A specimen taken from the wrappings of a mummy contains 7.02 g of carbon and has an activity of 1.34 Bq. How old is the mummy? Determine its age in years assuming that in living trees the ratio of 14C/12C atoms is 1.23E-12.
Recently Asked Questions
- 8. A B-field (2.0 T) is oriented along the +x axis. A proton has an instantaneous velocity of 4000 m/s at an angle of 60 from the +x axis (30 from the +y
- 5. What is the diameter of the circular trajectory taken by a 1.0 C charge (m = 0.002 kg) moving at 3000 m/s in a 0.9 T uniform B-field? a.13.3 m b.13.9 m
- Explainwhy laws, policies, and government regulations exist. How mightmanagers/employerscreate conditions so that additional employment legislation is not