2. A 0.30m radius automobile tire rotates how many rad after starting from rest and accelerating at a constant 2.0rad/s2 over a 5.0s interval?
a. 12.5 rad
b. 25 rad
c. 2.0 rad
d. 0.50 rad
3. A 0.30m radius automobile tire accelerates from rest at a constant 2.0rad/s2 over a 5.0s interval. what is the tangential component of acceleration for a point on the outer edge of the tire during the 5s interval?
4. when a point on the rim of a 0.30m radius wheel experiences a centripetal acceleration of 4.0m/s2, what tangential acceleration does that point experience?
d. cannot determine with the information given.
5. The distance from the center of a Ferris wheel to a passenger seat is 12m. What centripetal acceleration does a passenger experience when the wheel's angular speed is 0.5rad/s?
6. An object of mass 0.50kg is transported to the surface of Planet X where the object's weight is measured to be 20N. The radius of the planet is 4.0*10^6m. What is the mass of Planet X?
7. A 3.0m rod is pivoted about its left end. A force of 6.0 N is applied perpendicular to the rod at a distance of 1.2m from the pivot causing a ccw torque, and a force of 5.2 N is applied at the end of the rod 3.0m from the pivot. The 5.2 N is at an angle of 30degree to the rod and causes a cw torque. What is the net torque abot the pivot?
8. Masses are distributed in the xy-plane as follows: 10kg at (2.0, 6.0)m, 4.0kg at (2.0, 0.0)m, and 6.0kg at (0.0, 3.0)m. Where would a 20kg mass need to be positioned so that the center of gravity of the resulting four mass system would be at the origin?
9. An 800N billboard worker stands on a 4.0m scaffold supported by vertical ropes at each end. If the scaffold weighs 500N and the worker stands 1.0m from one end, what is the tension in the rope nearest the worker?
10. The total kinetic energy of a baseball thrown with a spinning motion is a function of:
a. its linear speed but not rotaional speed
b. its rotational speed but not linear speed
c. both linear and rotational speeds
d. neither linear nor rotational speed
11. A bowling ball has a mass of 7.0kg, a moment of inertia of 2.8*10^-2kg.m2 and a radius of 0.10m. If it rolls down the lane without slipping at a linear speed of 4.0m/s, what is its total kinetic energy?
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from BUS 536 Week 11 Final Exam – Strayer New.
- You are hired to design a database for a company called Newtown Records. After a meeting with company management we have gathered following information.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from