1. A spherical mirror is polished on both sides. When the concave side is used as a mirror, the magnification is +2.0. What is the magnification when the convex side is used as a mirror, the object remaining the same distance from the mirror? If the object is inverted, then enter a negative number. Otherwise, enter a positive number.
2. A spacecraft is in a circular orbit about the moon, 1.65 x 105 m above its surface. The speed of the spacecraft is 1530 m/s, and the radius of the moon is 1.74 x 106 m. If the moon were a smooth, reflective sphere, (a) how far below the moon's surface would the image of the spacecraft appear, and (b) what would be the apparent speed of the spacecraft's image? (Hint: both the spacecraft and its image have the same angular speed about the center of the moon.)
Recently Asked Questions
- From the 12 albums released by a musician, the recording company wishes to release 5 in a boxed set. How many different boxed sets are possible, assuming that
- Generally speaking, in Islam there tends to be greater focus on the law than on theology, especially as compared to other religious traditions such as
- At a factory that produces pistons for cars, Machine 1 produced 366 satisfactory pistons and 244 unsatisfactory pistons today. Machine 2 produced 560