Fill in the blank with the appropriate answer from the list below the questions:
1. The nerve
roots located at the inferior end of the vertebral canal are collectively referred to as the ___.
2. Taste sensation from the anterio two thirds of the tongue is carried by the ___cranial nerve.
3. The ____is the connective tissue that wraps around entire nerves.
4. The ___ is a layer of thin connective tissue that surround each axon of a nerve.
5. The extension of dura mater that anchors the spinal cord longitudinally in the vertebral canal is called the __
6. The gag reflex is mediated by the ___nerve.
7. An increase in negative charge (becoming more negative relative to the resting membrane potential) is referred to as ___.
8. All of the nervous tissue outside the central nervous system comprises the ___nervous system.
9. ____is a wrapping produced by some neuroglial cells that contains 80 percent lipid and 20 percent protein.
10. The ____division of the nervous system brings incoming sensory information to the central nervous system.
4. Cauda equina
5. Coccygeal ligament
6. Coracoid process
11. Fascia lata
12. Fila olfactoria
14. Flexor carpi ulnaris
17. Gluteus maximus
20. Limbic system
22. Nissl substance = chromophilic
23. Node of Ranvier
26. Peripheral (PNS)
30. Satellite cells
31. Substantia nigra