1) What are the major components of equality and liberty?
2) How do these components affect democracy?
3) What aspects of equality and liberty you believe foster both individuals and our society’s quest to increase opportunities for its citizens?
4) What are the different ways to define justice?
5) Which form or forms of justice do you believe are the most relevant for our society?
6) Which form or forms of justice are the most useful to increase opportunities in the United States?
7) What are the major components of and differences between free market and modern capitalism?
8) What parts of capitalism are beneficial to people and society?
9) What logic is there for our government to regulate capitalism?
10) As global capitalism spreads, how will it affect capitalism in America? Who will be affected, how will they be affected and what would you do to alleviate the problem that could plague employment opportunity in the United States.
11) What are major differences between democracy and capitalism and socialism?
12) How selfish or self interested do you believe human beings are? What role must government play in maximizing the chances that self interested humans can coalesce and agree on furthering the broad public interest?
13) Why does katznelson argues capitalism is like a private government?
14) What is the mobilization of bias? Why does it exist?
15) What is the difference between competitive and corporate capitalism?
16) What is extreme market capitalism?
17) How has the structure of employment changed in the last quarter century and with what effect on workers in particular and society in general?
18) What trends about the nature of work and the distribution of wealth does katznelson suggest with the many charts, tables and figures contained within the chapters?
19) What are critical realigning elections?
20) What general characteristics do they have?
21) What characteristics encompass the 1980 critical realignment and how does it differ from the 1932 critical realignment? To help you understand these last two questions understand what liberals and conservatives think on economic, civil liberties, social redistribution, civil rights and criminal justice?
22) What are dixiecrats and how has their voting patterns since the 60’s altered politics in the u.s?
23) How has the voting trend of the south and Midwest since the 60’s help shape the 1980 critical realignment?
24) Why, on balance, are economics elites more influential in shaping the economic policies than are non-economic elites in shaping non-economic policies?
25) What is Federalism?
26) What is dual and cooperative federalism?
27) Why did the United States evolve towards principles of cooperative federalism?
28) What are some principles that evolved in the 20th century that helped the nation move more towards national supremacy over states rights?
29) What are block and categorical grants in aid and how is the federal relationship regarding grants in aid changed by new federalism?
30) What is new federalism and how is it enacted? Who wins and losses with new federalism? Why?
Recently Asked Questions
- Each year, Data Corporal produces up to 10,000 computers in Boston and up to 6,000 computers in Charlotte. There are customers in Los Angeles, New York, and
- Evaluate the way how different generations are using technology. Between the old and new generation Phone usage computer usage TV usage
- Explain and comment on few important concepts in Finance market?