Which of the following is NOT a specific problem that makes the interpretation of correlational relationships difficult?
- The dependent-variable problem
- The directionality problem
- The third-variable problem
- Selection bias
High school students in Mississippi, where teacher salaries are low, were found to score better on the SAT than did high school students in California, where teacher salaries are high. According to the author of the Correlation and Causation reading, what is the explanation for this finding?
- Mississippi uses the money it saves on teachers' salaries to send students to SAT preparatory classes.
- The SAT is a biased test that favors East-coast students.
- Only the most advantaged and academically talented students in Mississippi even bother to take the SAT, whereas nearly half the students in California take it.
- Poorly-paid teachers do a better job of educating students than highly-paid teachers do
Recently Asked Questions
- how does beta-adrenergic receptor activation lead to increased myocardial contractility?
- 17.Your company's CEO does not have authority over some of the activities involved in a) a functional process b) a workgroup process c) an enterprise process
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Scavenger Hunt Biology 2 2017 (2).docx.