- Before mid-1800's, female prisoners were confined alongside men, with little concern for their safety or health.
1 pointsQUESTION 11
- During the first years of the juvenile court, girls were often referred to court and institutionalized for:
- waywardnessimmoralityrobberya & ball of the above
1 pointsQUESTION 12
- Gender convergence refers to:
- crime rates becoming more similar between the sexescrimes that are more likely to be committed by one sex than the othercrimes that are equally likely to be committed by one sex than the othernone of the above
1 pointsQUESTION 13
- Gender divergence is consistent with the 'liberation hypothesis'.
QUESTION 10 TRUE Until 1870s women were kept in same prisons as men and were treated alike. They were neglected and were... View the full answer