I'm doing a career counselling course and we are currently studying genograms. One of the questions asks about theoretical constructs. What is that and can you gove me an example?
Theoretical constructs (also known as hypothetical constructs) are... View the full answer
- So would culture and gender be constructs?
- Apr 02, 2018 at 10:05am
- and would these be constructs: (1) Purpose, (2) Sense Making and (3) Coherence?
- Apr 02, 2018 at 10:06am
- gender and culture wouldn't be
- Apr 02, 2018 at 10:07am
- Gender and culture can be observed so they are not constructs. Purpose cannot be directly observed but is used to explain phenomena so it is a theoretical construct. Sensemaking is also a theoretical construct. Coherence depends on the context, if it can't be directly observed it is a construct.
- Apr 02, 2018 at 10:11am
- Thank you
- Apr 02, 2018 at 10:17am
- Of course! Hope it helps!
- Apr 02, 2018 at 10:28am