1. Put yourself in the place of Professor Bearing in the opening scene. How do you feel? Why?
2. Euthanasia can be defined as a "good death." What might a "good death" have looked like in the case of Professor Bearing?
3. One of the principles of ethics which we have discussed states: "You ought not to use other people merely for your own benefit." How does Jason, the medical resident, violate this principle in his treatment of Professor Bearing? Give an example.
4. Comment on the role of Susie the nurse. Compare her treatment of Professor Bearing with that of Dr. Kelekian and Jason.5. The poem "Death Be Not Proud" by John Donne is referred to throughout the film. Find a copy of the whole poem, and read it. What does the poem say about death?
Recently Asked Questions
- Name six roles that may be found in a typical systems development project and describe the responsibilities of each role.
- In a PRINCE2® project structure there are formal committees, a project board and specific roles. What is your opinion about the value of this kind of
- 1.According to the State Board of Nursing in your state, what is the Registered Nurses responsibility in treating a patient’s pain? 2 Based on the laws of