Now that you have completed your role play script, it is time to record your role play. Practicing your social work skills through role plays is an essential part of a social work education. Role plays assist you in identifying the areas where you are strong, as well as the areas where you might need improvement. They also allow you to develop the social work instincts necessary to effectively work with clients.
PART A: Client System Role Play Video ( Im going to make the video based on your script}
Role Play Video (4-5 minutes):
Record the role-play that you have been working on since Week 5. Although this is a role-play, you should demonstrate your professionalism in demeanor, appearance, and behavior. Please dress professionally and ensure a quiet place to record without interruptions. Your video role-play, should include:
- A demonstration of the interaction between you, as the social work intern, and the client system you selected that reflects the Engagement step in the Generalist Intervention Model. The scene should include the following:
- Demonstrating effective attending skills
- Discussing agency services and client expectations
- Deciding if the agency and worker can help
- Offering agency and worker services to the client
- Orienting the client to the helping process, including:
- A discussion of confidentiality
- A discussion of a social work intern's role
To submit your Project, do the following:
- Use the Kaltura Media Uploader to upload the video to the Project link: Project Forum - Week 9.
PART B: Client System Role Play Transcript
Using the same Role Play Script Template provided in the week 5, provide a detailed script that includes verbatim dialogue, identifies non-verbal communication, and identifies practice skills/behaviors used. In the required transcript, include:
- A description of the fictional agency setting and types of services provided at this agency.
- A description of the client system (depending on the client level you selected—micro, mezzo or macro).
- An explanation of the presenting concern
- A description of the client session scene in which you implement the GIM step and practice skills you have selected for working with this client system.
- A verbatim script of the dialogue that occurs between you, as the social work intern, and the client(s). Note that the dialogue should depict the techniques you would use to implement the GIM step and the practice skills you selected for the client interaction. [Column 1 in Template]
- A description of the visual cues or non-verbal communication that both the social worker and the client exhibited during the interaction that support the GIM step and practice skills you selected. [Column 2 in Template]
- Identification of specific practice techniques/skills demonstrated. [Column 3 in Template]
Recently Asked Questions
- What caused Americans, and in particular, the middle class leaders of the Progressive Movement, to turn decisively away from the tradition of laissez-faire?Who
- Please I need help with this question. I attached pictures of the question. Rifting has split Africa from the Arabian Peninsula to form the Red Sea. A new
- (a)Calculate γ for a tracer in a pure bcc metal where γ is defined by the equation: D = γa 2 wN v (b) Calculate γ for an interstitial solute in a dilute