1. As a psychophysicist, Tammy knows that the fovea:
a.contains mostly rods.
b.is a region near the
center of the wernicke
c.contains densely packed photoreceptor cells.
2.Different perceptual systems produce different forms of sensory memory. Echoic memory is sensory memory for:
a. visual images.
3. Evolutionary psychologists have found that men and women differed in their desires for a mate. Which of the following is an attribute men emphasized?
4.Greg works part-time housekeeping at a hotel that pays housekeepers for each room that they clean. Some rooms hardly look like they have been slept in while others are very messy and take much longer to clean. No matter how hard it is to clean, Greg gets the same amount of money for each room he cleans. This is an example of a _____ schedule of reinforcement.
b. variable ratio
c. variable interval
5. In thinking like a psychologist, Mindy understands that:
a.nature and nurture are not independent forces.
b.nature and nurture are independent forces.
c.nurture is the primary force involved in the development of psychological disorders.
6. From the 1920s through the early 1960s, the study of learning:
a.came to dominate american psychology
b.was unknown in american psychology
c.came to dominate european psychology
7. Gwen's haptic system provides her with information about:
8. Before each midterm Becky studies very hard, often staying up late at night on the days before the exam. However, after the exam, Becky will hardly study at all until right before the next exam. This pattern of behavior can be explained by the _____ schedule of reinforcement.
9. An example of _____ memory is knowing words, ideas and concepts.
10. Brandi is experiencing the elimination of connections among neurons that occurs when the connections are not needed for an organism's functioning. This process is known as:
11. A stimulus that automatically elicits a reaction in an organism prior to conditioning is:
a.an unconditioned stimulus
b.an unconditioned response.
c.a conditioned stimulus
12.In the cells of the body, genes are contained within _____, biological structures
that consist of highly organized, tightly packed strings of molecules.
13. flavor is
a.an integration of gustatory and olfactory properties
b.the smell of food rather than the taste
c.the smell of food influencing the taste
14. A gene is:
a.a section of DNA that provides the full information needed to produce a protein
b. the entire set of genes possessed by an organism
c. a different variety of an allele.
15.All of Maira's genes are known as his:
16. As soon as Pawan opened the garage door dust flew in his eyes and he immediately blinked. The dust in this example is a(n):