1. What characterize one of the common theories of emotions?
a. An event causes an
emotional response directly
b. An event after reasoning causes an emotional response
c. An event after arousal causes an emotional response
d. An event after arousal and interpretation causes an emotional response
2. What are the archetypical emotions?
3. How does anxiety differ from fear?
a. Anxiety is unspecific and fear is specific
b. Anxiety is specific, fear is not
c. Anxiety is caused by past events, fear regards events of the present
d. Anxiety is common and fear is rare
4. Modern view of the brain?
a. The brain has fewer interconnections than earlier believed
b. The brain is a distributed system
c. The number of nerve cells decreases with the age of a person
d. The number of nerve cells in the brain decreases during the first few years after birth
5. Which brain regions are included in Papez (1937) emotional brain?
b. Lateral nucleus of the amygdala
c. Stria terminalis
d. Anterior thalamus
6. How would you define fear?
a. A direct response to a pleasant memory
b. One of the basic emotions
c. A physical reaction to pain
d. A phantom sensation