This is Journal 2
- Buddhism seems a bit individualistic, does it or doesn't it?
- Hinduism also says attachment to impermanent things causes suffering. Is what the Buddha says any different?
- Do you see how attachment to changing, impermanent, empty realities leads to suffering?
- Think about American society and its culture: Can you imagine the process (of change, impermanence, empty realities and suffering) operating in the world?
- Select several events or other items that illustrate these truths.
- What do you think of the Buddha's approach to religious life?
- Are religious authorities and doctrines (creed) good and necessary, or dangerous? Why?
- How do we "know" religious truth? Is it a firm conviction in our hearts or minds or something that practically "works"?
- What are you learning about how your mind and feelings work?