3. How has Buddhism developed in Asia since the 19th century? Include a discussion of the Buddhist response to Western imperialism and Christian missionaries, the changing relationship between government and religion, conflict between Buddhists and non-Buddhists, the spread of Communism in southeast Asia, and attempts to reform Buddhism to make it fit the modern world.
4. What were the main developments in the spread of Buddhism and knowledge of Buddhism to the West? Include a discussion of Zen Buddhism and Tibetan Buddhism in the West, and also of ethnic Buddhism in the West.
5. Why did some orders of bhikshunis (nuns) die out in Asia? What is the role of women in Buddhism today both in Asia and in the West?
Recently Asked Questions
- which of the following is not a part of the orbit of the skull ? zygomatic, nasal, frontal,ethmoid, sphenoid
- How does the Monopolies Make Production and Pricing Decisions, and The Welfare Cost of Monopolies?
- What are some of the drivers behind bullying behavior or abusive supervision? What types of initiatives can HR put in place to prevent them from happening?