3. How has Buddhism developed in Asia since the 19th century? Include a discussion of the Buddhist response to Western imperialism and Christian missionaries, the changing relationship between government and religion, conflict between Buddhists and non-Buddhists, the spread of Communism in southeast Asia, and attempts to reform Buddhism to make it fit the modern world.
4. What were the main developments in the spread of Buddhism and knowledge of Buddhism to the West? Include a discussion of Zen Buddhism and Tibetan Buddhism in the West, and also of ethnic Buddhism in the West.
5. Why did some orders of bhikshunis (nuns) die out in Asia? What is the role of women in Buddhism today both in Asia and in the West?
Recently Asked Questions
- 1.) Suppose that consumers begin to believe that the price of housing will be lower next period. What will happen in the market for housing as a result of
- I am practicing out side of my curriculum with rich's accounting servie and need assistance with the worksheet for it
- explain the evolution of the hospital as a social institution and Compare and contrast the hospital patient sick role to Talcott Parson's sick role.