1. What are two ways that culture is developed in a society?
2. List and define two different elements of culture.
3. What are norms? Provide at least three examples of norms from your culture.
4. How does ethnocentrism differ from cultural relativism?
5. Describe the two different types of culture. Provide an example of each.
Critical Thinking Questions
1. Compare and contrast formal and informal norms. Provide an example of each.
2. Describe one norm that you encounter in your own life and discuss what sanctions may be used for obedience or violations of this norm.
3. Why do you think different groups have different cultures? Provide an example of something that differs between two cultures.
4. Do you think language is an important part of culture? Why or why not?
5. Which do you think makes people more likely to follow the norms of society: rewards or punishments? Why?
Discussion QuestionsPlease post questions and answers on the UNIT TWO discussion boards. Unless otherwise instructed, you should submit at least one full paragraph for each question. Each discussion assignment is worth
Recently Asked Questions
- How are toys you had as a kid different from toys today
- what is the difference if any between the standard deviation of the sample means and the standard error of the sample mean s
- Now that all the pleadings in the Bennett case has been filed, your supervising attorney will be meeting with the attorney for the defendant pursuant to Rule