We've discussed how sociologists identify cultures and subcultures, and how both have unique components—language, values, norms (behaviors), and food. Dive deeper into culture by completing the following:
- Define each of the four components of culture—language, values, norms (behaviors), and food. Be sure to paraphrase and cite your sources.
- Whats a popular television show (examples include The Simpsons, The Big Bang Theory, The Goldbergs, and Orange is the New Black) or a movie you have enjoyed.
- What specific examples for each component of culture from this show (language, values, norms, and food) found within this show or movie.
- Each TV show could be said to represent a subculture of mainstream society. How are each of the four components of culture (language, values, norms, and food) identified above different from or similar to what you would expect to see in mainstream American culture?
- Durkheim, Marx, or Cooley; what do they say about the role of culture in shaping human behavior?
Recently Asked Questions
- Radiohead Inc purchased a new plastic tree making plant. The new truck cost $30,000, and it is expected to generate net after-tax operating cash flows,
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Assignment-3.docx.
- You own three stocks: 600 shares of Apple Computer, 10,000 shares of Cisco Systems, and 5,000 shares of Colgate-Palmolive. The current share prices and