1. A restaurant in downtown New York posted a sign that states people of Mexican or Latino decent must
pay for their meal in advance because they can't be trusted. This type of rigid or unfair generalization about an entire category of people is defined as what?
2. In the United States, declining worker membership in unions mainly reflects ?
3. Which of the following statements supports the structural-functional theory?
A. High variations in teacher salary and per pupil spending contribute to social inequality.
B. Schools reward talent and hard work, leading to upward social mobility.
C. Tracking promotes inequality within individual schools.
D. Stereotypes negatively affect student achievement.
4. A large corporation decides to buy all of the local food markets in one town so that they will have no competition. However, the federal law forbids this because it would establish a/an
B. global economy.
D. economic concentration.
5. Studies have determined that higher levels of religiosity are correlated with
A. high rates of divorce.
B. moderate levels of patriarchy.
C. low rates of delinquency.
D. faith in science.