1. Explain what the Id, Ego and Superego are, according to Freud. How do they relate to one another?
2. Explain the importance of the family in the process of socialization. How does class position influence the socialization process?
3. Explain the importance of the peer group in socialization. What does it contribute to the socialization process that is not acquired in the family or school?
4. Explain the difference between a primary group and a secondary group. Provide the characteristics of each. What does each provide the individual?
5. How do Structural-Functionalists (Order Theorists) and Conflict theorists differ in their evaluation and interpretation of the role of the media in the socialization process?
6. The forces that socialize us are powerful, but they are not totally deterministic. Why not?