· The term "_____" refers to the learning of academic facts and concepts
through a formal curriculum.
· _____ note(s) that public schools in the U.S. teach students important values such as individualism, competitiveness and patriotism.
· According to the Functionalists, one of the latent functions of the U.S. education system is _____.
· According to the Functionalists, the U.S. education system performs the role of _____; i.e. classifying students according to their academic merit or potential
· _____ believe the U.S. education system reinforces and perpetuates social inequalities that arise from differences in class, gender, race and ethnicity.
· The term "_____" refers to cultural knowledge that serves as a sort of currency, figuratively speaking, which helps those who have it to navigate the culture they are in and attain upward mobility.
· The term "_____" refers to the type of non-academic knowledge that students in the U.S. education system learn informally through cultural transmission.
· When studying the U.S. education system, interactionists use the term "_____" to refer to the emphasis placed on academic certificates and degrees, which serve as symbols of what a person has achieved, and which allow for the labeling of that individual.