The Progression and Regression of Civil Rights
The 1960s marked a period of civil rights that were expanded
in the 1970s. However, in the late 1980s, these efforts seemed to take a different direction, with a more conservative Supreme Court.
Given the current composition of the Supreme Court:
· Do you think civil rights continue to be reversed or expanded for certain groups? Support your claim with evidence from the scholarly or research literature.
· Which groups may benefit from the current Supreme Court, and which groups may suffer? You may have to review current events to answer this part of the question.
· Identify two different groups whose civil rights are suffering current infringement but may not be receiving public attention.
· How does the NASW Policy Statement on Civil Liberties and Social Justice address these discrimination and equity issues?
Recently Asked Questions
- What is the historic role of culture in development and modernization in Africa?
- In Development Studies, how does the Third World get constituted? Define and describe its role, function and place in culture and development in Africa.
- Differentiate between development and modernization and its history and impact in Africa.