TRUE OR FALSEUtilitarianism is teleological.3. Utilitarianism is compatible to Kantian ethics.
2. Utilitarianism does not allow for exception to the rule even if justified by the consequences.
4. Cheating is justified in utilitarianism if it will maximize pleasures and minimize pains.
5. Utilitarianism states that the total number of outcomes should be considered before an act can be declared to be right or wrong.
6. 'Higher pleasures' means intellectual, which includes artistic, political, and spiritual pleasures.
7. Utilitarianism determines the more value of an act by the nature of the act itself.
8. The concepts pleasure and pain define the scope and limit of Bentham's ethical system.
9. Kant declared, "it is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied".
10. Mill proposes that "happiness and unhappiness" are the basis for good and evil.
416,475 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses