Managing Interpersonal Conflicts
Throughly read Chapter 12. Then, re-read Conflict Rituals p. 396-397 and then submit your answers to the questions below.
Describe two conflict rituals in one of your important relationships. One of your examples should consist of a positive ritual and the other of a negative ritual. For each example explain.
1. a subject that is likely to trigger the conflict (such as money, leisure time, affection)
2. the behavior of one partner that initiates the ritual
3. the series of responses by both partners that follows the initiating event
4. how the ritual ends
Based on your description, explain an alternative to the unsatisfying ritual, and describe how you might be able to manage the conflict in a more satisfying way.
Recently Asked Questions
- Charlie joins a new reading club, from which he receives books to read. Suppose that books arrive as a Poisson process at a rate λ of books per week. For
- Name at least two of the basic tasks of human resource management. Please provide an example of how one basic task would align with your responsibilities as a
- When the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) makes claims about the dangers of excess weight, they typically discuss those who are overweight and those who are