(a) read the short case study presentation, (b) review the information provided in Table 11-1 along with its Excel output, and (c) respond to 10 questions listed below. Note: Read Chapter 11 along with its PPT, before answering the questions : )
Case Study Presentation. An important factor in selecting database software is the time required for a user to learn how to use the system. To evaluate three potential brands (A, B and C) of database software, a company designed a test involving five different employees. To reduce variability due to differences among employees, each of the five employees is trained on each of the three different brands. The amount of time (in hours) needed to learn each of the three different brands is given below:
Here is the Excel output for the randomized block design:
Source of Variation
Now, choose and provide short responses to FIVE questions of your choice, worth 20 points each:
- Referring to Table 11-1, the amount of total variation or SST is ________.
- Referring to Table 11-1, the among-group variation or SSA is ________.
- Referring to Table 11-1, the among-block variation or SSBL is ________.
- Referring to Table 11-1, the value of MSA is ________, while MSBL is ________.
- Referring to Table 11-1, the null hypothesis for the randomized block F test for the difference in the means is:
- H0: μA = μB = μC.
- H0: μ1 = μ2 = μ3 = μ4 = μ5.
- H0: MA = MB = MC.
- H0: M1 = M2 = M3 = M4 = M5
191.3333 3.333333... View the full answer