Hello am trying to find the answer, i found the assignment but not the answer
Data for this project is available in the Children and Food Preparation spreadsheet.
Researchers were interested in the calorie levels of meals when children participated in their creation. They collected two data sets: One data set represented the calories of children who were involved in meal preparation, while another data set represented the calories of children who were not involved in the creation of the meal.
Without looking at the data, make a hypothesis on the effect of children being involved in food preparation. Which group do you think will have higher levels of calories? Why?
Prepare to construct confidence intervals for the means of both sets. Before we make the construction, are there any conditions that need to be satisfied? Are there concerns about using the data set for a confidence interval? Why or why not?
Construct a 95% confidence interval for the mean for both the data sets. Report your results, including the mean, standard deviation, and confidence intervals for both data sets. (Only results are needed.)
Aligns with Lesson 8, objective 1: Estimate population means by constructing confidence intervals.
Answer the following questions:
- Do the results in step three confirm your hypothesis? Why or why not?
- Do the results suggest there is a difference between the two groups?
Children ParticipaChildren Did Not PDataset: kid_calorie.csv435.16414.61 Source: K. nan der Horst, A. Ferrage, A. Rytz (2014). "Involving Children338.99503.46 in Meal Preparation," Appetite. Vol. 79, pp.18-24488.73425.22 Description: Experiment conducted to determine effect of children590.28288.77 participating in meal preparation on caloric intake. Two groups582.59184 (independent samples). Treatment 1: Children participated.635.21299.73 Trt 2: Did not participate. Data simulated to match means and SDs.249.86350.65 Variables:441.66394.94 Treatment572.43261.55 Caloric Intake357.78295.28396.79139.69298.38462.78282.99179.59368.51301.75388.59436.58256.32371.39408.82469.02424.94378.09477.96287.31428.74448.55432.52332.64428.27403.98596.79456.3446.38
Recently Asked Questions
- On January 1, Sugarland Company issued $355,000 of 6%, 3-year bonds when the market rate of interest was 10%. The bonds pay interest semiannually on June 30
- Which of these joints is classified as a synarthrosis ?
- Most molecular biologists believe that viruses originated from fragments of cellular nucleic acid . Which of the following observations might support this