If you were a business owner faced with an important decision that could potentially be very lucrative. Keep in mind the "Six Steps in Decision Making" set up a decision analysis.
- What is the problem and objective of this decision?
- Identify at least three alternatives and three states of nature.
- Make a decision table in Excel QM. See video in Live Binder.
- What are the potential payoff/losses for each alternative and state of nature?
- Choose two of the five decision strategies, and solve it in Excel QM. State the best alternative for each strategy.
- Criterion of realism (Hurwicz)
- Equally likely (Laplace)
- Minimax regret
- Why did you choose the two strategies? What are the results of the best alternative? What is your final decision?
Recently Asked Questions
- An unknown volume of water at 18.2 ° C is added to 16.5 mL of water at 35.0 ° C. If the final temperature is 23.5 ° C, what was the unknown volume? (Assume
- how many rows and columns would the cross tabs table have on the value of stolen during a burglary related to the likelihood that the offender will be
- Assume that Bernoulli trials are to be performed until a first success occurs. Denote by XX the number of trials thus performed and by pp the probability of a