(3) In a study, the data you collect is: Letter grade (A, B, C, D, F).
What is the level of measurement?
(4) Determine whether the value 85% is a parameter or statistic:
85% of registered voters turned out for the 2004 elections.
(7) Engineers must consider the breadths of male heads when designing helmets. The company researchers have determined that the population of potential clientele have head breadths that are normally distributed with a mean of 6.2-in. and a standard deviation of 0.9-in.
In what range would you expect to find the middle of 68% of most head breadths?
Between ___________ and ____________.
If you were to draw samples of size 60 from this population, in what range would you expect to find the middle 68% of most averages for the breadths of male heads in the sample?
Between _____________ and ___________.
Should be accurate to 2 decimal places.
(8) A survey of students at a high school is conducted, and the following facts are discovered: 36% of the students have laptops, 47% have tablets, and 26% of the students own both a laptop ad a tablet. A student is chosen at random from the high school: What is the probability that the student owns either a laptop or a tablet?
3) b. ordinal 4) a. Parameter 7)... View the full answer