(9) Alice takes 4 white, 2 red, and 3 blue shirts on a trip. On the first day Alice will pick a shirt at random. What is the probability that she picks a red shirt?
(10) In a study of brand recognition, 984 consumers knew of Microsoft, and 19 did not. Use these results to estimate the probability that a randomly selected consumer will recognize Microsoft.
prob = ______________ (report as a decimal accurate to 3 decimal places)
(11) A poll showed that 67.3% of Americans say they believe that life exists elsewhere in the galaxy. What is the probability of randomly selecting someone who does not believe that life exists elsewhere in the galaxy?
prob = _________________ ( report as a decimal accurate to 3 decimal places)
(13) Armando buys a bag of cookies that contains 5 chocolate chip cookies, 5 peanut butter cookies, 7 sugar cookies, and 6 oatmeal raisin cookies. What is the probability that Armando randomly selects a peanut butter cookie from the bag, eats it, then randomly selects another peanut butter cookie? Express as a reduced fraction.
Recently Asked Questions
- Kindly design the following for me? (a) Define the relative positions of the three horizontal shaft axes of the motor, intermediate shaft and the crank (side
- Hello I'm currently taking CHEM105, are there any good Apps on the iOS for me to download?
- I signed up for a 1 month free trial and got charged in minuets. I have canceled my membership and expect to be reimbursed straight away!!!!