(9) Alice takes 4 white, 2 red, and 3 blue shirts on a trip. On the first day Alice will pick a shirt at random. What is the probability that she picks a red shirt?
(10) In a study of brand recognition, 984 consumers knew of Microsoft, and 19 did not. Use these results to estimate the probability that a randomly selected consumer will recognize Microsoft.
prob = ______________ (report as a decimal accurate to 3 decimal places)
(11) A poll showed that 67.3% of Americans say they believe that life exists elsewhere in the galaxy. What is the probability of randomly selecting someone who does not believe that life exists elsewhere in the galaxy?
prob = _________________ ( report as a decimal accurate to 3 decimal places)
(13) Armando buys a bag of cookies that contains 5 chocolate chip cookies, 5 peanut butter cookies, 7 sugar cookies, and 6 oatmeal raisin cookies. What is the probability that Armando randomly selects a peanut butter cookie from the bag, eats it, then randomly selects another peanut butter cookie? Express as a reduced fraction.
Recently Asked Questions
- For questions 1-5, explain whether it is true or false regarding the case that was posted.
- With reference to relevant sections of the Australian taxation law, how are gambling returns dealt with when lodging corporate tax returns?
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from reM3a Create and Use Database.