Statistics Final Project
In this course you learned the basic foundations of statistics including graphical representations, descriptive statistics, probability distributions, confidence intervals, sampling, and hypothesis testing.
In this capstone project you will apply techniques from this course to real life data. It is important to realize that statistics is more than just calculations but has to involve real world knowledge. This project allows the student to have a mixture of both these items.
1. Pick two separate corporations and from www.nasdaq.com, pick the "historical quote" option and randomly select 30 opening stock prices for the last two years. Place the data into an Excel spreadsheet and outline your sampling method in the main Word document for the project.
2. Determine a claim (prior to analyzing the descriptive statistics) based on two population means/samples.
3. Calculate the descriptive statistics for the two separate corporations. The distribution shape should be analyzed to determine the appropriate descriptive statistics to use (mean/standard deviation versus median/IQR). The graph should be included in the main Word document for the project. Find the appropriate descriptive statistics and place this in the Word document noting any outliers or any irregularities discovered.
4. Conduct the hypothesis test based on the claim from item 2. Outline all the specifics in the Word document describing your conclusion. Note any possible reasons for the results. This might include some research on the corporations chose in item 1.
Recently Asked Questions
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Case Stud13.docx.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Paleomagnetism_Activity.
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from Activity 7 Discussion.