Module-1 Warden Report
Below you will find an excerpt from the warden's latest report. Please read and analyze the information found in the excerpt. Pay special attention to the statistics and data notations. You must provide evidence of your answers to the questions below.
"During the 2014 year, inmate assaults were not problematic. There were only a small frequency of inmate assaults (F= 500) compared to the total number of prison incidents
(n= 1,120). Inmate assaults comprised approximately 10% of all the prison incidents. The only thing concerning the prison staff is the number of assaults on gang members (N= 30). Gang assaults continue to rise as a sub-sample of the overall assaults. The proportion of gang assaults was 2.345 in the prison population. I believe that it is important to increase the funding for correctional officers in the state of Indiana in order to help them better address the hazards of working with such offenders."
1. How many notational errors are in the excerpt from Warden report?
There were no errors in the report.
2. Based on the correct statistical data, should the prison officials be concerned about gang assaults?
No, because the prison must have a gang unit to hadle gang crimes.
No, because gang assaults comprise only a small percentage (6%) of inmate assaults.
Yes, because the proportion of gang assaults was 2. 345
Yes, because gang assaults comprise 30% of the inmate assaults.
3. What actual percentage of the prison incidents are inmate assaults?
4. What is the actual proportion of gang assaults?
Recently Asked Questions
- there are several key theorists discussed for their contribution to understanding human behavior in a developmental context. No one theory can account for the
- The presence of cholesterol in the plasma membranes of some animals
- In general , what did Christian denominations do following the trial of Galileo ?