Your task this time is to match each set of data described below to the distribution shape which, in your opinion, best matches the data. Your distribution choices are:
(1) ages of players at a father-son softball game (2) ages of all people at an elementary school
(3) heights of patrons at an R-rated movie (4) heights of patrons at a G-rated movie
(5) IQ scores of an incoming class of freshmen
(6) weights of attendees at a "Biggest Loser" reunion of last year's and the current year's contestants
(7) ages of patrons at a concert of the latest "boy band" (8) ages of patrons at a performance of "A Christmas Carol"
(9) prices of cars at a dealership in good economic times (10) prices of cars at a dealership in bad economic times
Don't forget to respond to at least one of your classmates' posts.
Recently Asked Questions
- Thirty-five percent of teens buy soda (pop) at least once each week. Eleven kids are randomly selected. The random variable represents the number of these kids
- The standard deviation of the number of video game A’s outcomes is 0.5479, while the standard deviation of the number of video game B’s outcomes is 0.2498.
- A compound has a density of 0.231 g/ml. What is the real mass of the compound if the balance reads 0.7854g? note that the balance was calibrated with 300 g