Read the paper on 'Teaching Experimental Design Techniques to Industrial engineers' which is uploaded as a pdf file. which is uploaded on this site
a. You will be given TWO factors (e.g. A & C or C &D etc.) from Table 1 given below. The table calls them parameters which we call FACTORS.
b. Your FACTORS based on your PUID to conduct the Design of Experiment is selected below.
Last FOUR digits of your PUID# Your Factors
-2527 B, D
Note: Wing shape FLAT means horizontal, angled 45 up means 45 degrees folded up. Use small paper clips (if plastic it is better).
c. Make helicopters based on the design given (the measurements will change based on your given factors). For example, if you were given 'body width C' as a factor, you will have to make TWO helicopters one with 20 mm body length and the other with 35 mm. Before you start look at the levels you were for each helicopter.
For e.g. if you chose Factors C & D, then you will need:
· One helicopter with (Low settings), Body width (-) level which is 20 mm and Body length (-) level which is 80 mm. You have to perform TWO replicates with each design. All the designs you need to perform the FOUR treatments (runs) for this experiment are generated in the table below. You have FOUR runs to do with each run duplicated.
· Second helicopter with (High settings)
a. Record the duplicate data. What is your data? The 'hang time' for the helicopter to drop from a given height. Once you make the helicopters drop from a height (same for all experiments) and time the drop in SECONDS (assume you have a cellphone with time capability). Again, duplicate each run.
Caution: Be careful when a climb a step ladder or any other piece of furniture to gain height. I broke my arm four years ago! Get your kids, spouse or a friend to help you to conduct the experiment. The last thing I want to hear is "you #..%@&*....!!"
b. Enter the data in the EXCEL sheets
a. Attach the printout as a submission
b. Discuss briefly your charts (Main effects and interaction chart)
d. What were the difficulties you faced?
e. Were there any nuisance factors? (Alcohol is NOT one of them!)
Recently Asked Questions
- The loan of $ 500,000 from Westpac [ paragraph # 4 ] is :
- GROSS PROFT ANALYSIS MULTI-PRODUCT COMPANY The following data are given for GHI Company : 2011 2010 Product A Product B Produce A Product B Sales Volume 6,000
- When considering a project ’ s incremental cash flow , cannibalization must be considered . Which of the following is NOT true regarding cannibalization ?