a test contains 20 true or false, For each problem, the student:
A)knows the answer with probability 0.88
B)thinks she knows the answer but is wrong with probability 0.03,
C)is aware of the fact that she doesn't know the answer with probability 0.09.
Assume that these alternatives happen independently for each question. If the student is aware of not knowing the answer, she guesses true or false at random and is correct with probability 1/2.
- What is the probability the student will get at least 19 questions out of 20?
- Let X be the number of consecutive problems answered correctly at the beginning of the test before the first incorrect one Find P(X=5)?
- Find P(5≤X≤10)?
please explain in Details
Recently Asked Questions
- A competitive inhibitor is introduced at concentration [I] = 2uM, giving a value alpha = 1.5. What is Ki?
- Which of the following is not required to effect an ordinary merger of two corporations? A) The shareholders of the surviving corporation must approve the
- Question-1: Most economists and financial planners contend that 401K “defined contribution” retirement plans are structurally flawed as retirement plans.