What steps do I take to calculate :the personnel office at a large electronics firm regularly schedules job interviews and maintains records of the interviews. From the past records, they have found that the length of a first interview is normally distributed, with mean μ = 39 minutes and standard deviation σ = 6 minutes. (Round your answers to four decimal places.) (a) What is the probability that a first interview will last 40 minutes or longer?
(b) Sixteen first interviews are usually scheduled per day. What is the probability that the average length of time for the sixteen interviews will be 40 minutes or longer? I really need to understand the specific steps, not just the formula. Also is there a way to calculate using Excel, or an online calculator? You can even use different numbers, I just really need to understand the steps. Thank you!!
a) The probability is 0.4325 b) The probability is... View the full answer
- Thank you so much, your method and answers were correct.
- Oct 03, 2018 at 9:30pm
- You're welcome. At your service for any doubt!
- Oct 03, 2018 at 9:47pm
Sign up to view the full answer
Attached is a detailed explanation... View the full answer
- Thank you so very much for your steps on this problem!!! It will help on future assignments and tests!!
- Oct 03, 2018 at 9:27pm
- Unfortunatly b. was incorrect....the correct answer is 0.2514 according to my homework software.
- Oct 03, 2018 at 9:31pm
- It is correct, the reason why other tutors have got 0.2414 is because they have rounded z value to 2 decimal place and i am using 4 decimal place.
- Oct 03, 2018 at 9:46pm