I ALREADY HAVE THE ANSWERS AND I AM LOOKING FOR THE WORK TO BE SHOWN HERE. I CAN BETTER UNDERSTAND THE INFO WHEN I SEE THE WORK DISPLAYED THROUGH THE PROBLEM.
8-1. The makers of a soft drink want to identify the average age of its consumers. A sample of 64 consumers was taken. The average age in the sample was 21 years with a standard deviation of 4 years.
- Construct a 95% confidence interval for the average age of the consumers.
- Construct a 99% confidence interval for the average age of the consumers.
- Discuss why the 95% and 99% confidence intervals are different.
8-2. Some people who bought a new gaming system over the holidays were dissatisfied. In a sample of 1200 buyers, 18 buyers were dissatisfied.
- Determine a 95% confidence interval for the true proportion of dissatisfied buyers.
- If there were 1.5 million buyers of the gaming system, determine a 95% interval for the number of dissatisfied buyers.