or the following assignment, use the Rank Correlation that was demonstrated in Chapter 12 of the textbook (page 566). Utilizing Excel or SPSS:
- Use a rank correlation coefficient to test for a correlation between two variables.
- Use a significance level of α=0.05.
The new health care program in the United States makes provisions for capitation programs where health care insurers work with clinical facilities to perform risk analysis of patients to determine the cost of providing care. The following assignment might be used to assess how much a person smokes.
When nicotine is absorbed by the body, cotinine is produced. A measurement of cotinine in the body is therefore a good indicator of how much a person smokes. The reported number of cigarettes smoked per day and the measured amounts of cotinine (in ng/ml) are provided. (The values are from randomly selected subjects in a National Health Examination Survey.) Is there a significant linear correlation? How would you measure the cotinine level in the body? Explain the result.
Refer to the "Rank Correlation Table."
Recently Asked Questions
- four paragraphs detailing the ways in which the following technologies may be used for the purpose of enabling flexible team working Telephones Video
- The symbol for variance in the ANOVA is: a.) MS , which stands for mean square. b.) MS 2 , which stands for mean square. c.) s 2 , which stands for standard
- hi tutor how to explain in detail Hyman Minsky's Financial Instability Hypothesis, using a balance sheet approach. How can stability be destabilising,