Match problem to procedures:
a) Test size C battery mean life is at
least 25 hours.
b) Testing that a gasoline additive increase
mileage, we compute mpg with additive minus mpg without additive for each car. If the mean of the difference is positive enough, action will be required to implement the additive
c) Given weights of 31,29,26,33,40,28,30, and 25, at α = 0.05 test that the population mean is 35
d) Run times (msec) of a new phone app developed by GotYourGP and established competitor WeTrackYou, Inc. are logged in a data file. At α = 0.05, are the run times of GotYourGP and WeTrakYou,Inc comparable?
e) An effective vaccine would reduce the proportion of exposed persons contracting a disease. A pharmaceutical company wants to test the effectiveness of a new vaccine in preventing a certain disease. It is expected that 40% of unvaccinated exposed people will contact the disease. A group of 48 exposed persons volunteered to be vaccinated. Later, two of the volunteers contacted the disease. Test HO:π ≥ 0.40 (vaccine ineffective) at α = 0.01
Match with the following:
1) 1-tailed test of proportion with negative critical value
2) 2-tailed test of mean with both negative and positive critical values
3) 1-tailed test of mean with negative critical values
4) 1-tailed test of paired-data with positive critical value
5) 2-tailed test of means of 2 independent populations