Below are data from an experiment examining the effects of threatening images on a person's altruism tendencies.
Participants were randomly assigned to either a no threatening image or a threatening image group and were then asked to fill out a questionnaire that assessed their tendency toward altruism. The data are presented below.
- 1) Based on the total sample size (and degrees of freedom) use the attached t table to determine the critical values of the t distribution.
- 2) Calculate the t statistic. You must show all of your work (please attach a separate sheet).
- 3) Can you reject H0?
participant no threat threat
1 54 59
2 65 79
3 47 78
4 60 78
5 63 69
6 49 73
7 72 69
8 53 75
Recently Asked Questions
- Suppose that x has a normal distribution, with =25 and =2. Find the z-score for x=3
- High school students across the nation compete in a financial capbiltiy challenge each year by taking a national financial capability challenge exam. Students
- High school students across the nation compete in a financial capabiltiy challenge each year by taking a national financial capability challenge exam. Students