The success rates of two schools were compared in two categories: students from families above the poverty line
and students from families below the poverty line. The results are in the following tables.
1. Complete the table for students above the poverty line.
2. Complete the table for students below the poverty line.
3. What percentage of students from School A are from families above the poverty line?
4. What percentage of students from School B are from families above the poverty line?
5.Complete the following table for all students:
6 The principal of School B argued that, based on the overall figures in the table from Exercise 20, her school came out ahead and therefore is doing a better job than School A. How would one respond?
7. A parent trying to decide to which school to send their child. On the basis of the tables in Exercises 1, 2, and 5 which school would they choose? Explain.