Can someone help me figure out questions 1-10? I am not sure not sure how to calculate these questions.
imagine that you have information about how 20 nursing students and 20 psychology students felt about starting PSYC 3002 on Day 1 of this class. You want to know if nursing students and psychology students felt differently about embarking on the Introduction to Basic Statistics journey. You can find the data set for this Assignment in the Weekly Data Set forum found in the Discussions area of the course navigation menu.
- Recall the four scales of measurement you learned about in Week 1 (i.e., nominal, ordinal, interval, ratio). Explain what scale of measurement is used to measure academic program in this example. How do you know?
- Explain what scale of measurement is used to measure feeling about PSYC 3002. Explain how you know.
- State whether this scenario requires a goodness of fit test or a test of independence. Explain your answer.
- Before computing the chi square, state the null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis in words (not formulas).
- Identify the obtained χ2 using SPSS and report it in your answer document.
- State the degrees of freedom and explain how you calculated it by hand.
- Identify the p value using SPSS and report it in your answer document.
- Explain whether you should retain or reject the null hypothesis and why.
- Are the results statistically significant? How do you know?
- Explain what you can determine about the relationship between academic program and feelings about PSYC 3002.
Nervous 5 10
Excited 15 10
Another way of looking at this data set would be:
5 Nervous Nursing Students
15 Nervous Psychology Students
10 Excited Nursing Students
10 Excited Psychology Students
Recently Asked Questions
- After graduating, you decide to apply for positions as a statistical consultant. A friend who graduated a few years prior and already works in the field has
- Ring size normally distributed with mean = 6, standard deviation 1.2. What is the probability that a sample of 30 women will have average size bigger that 7
- The state office of Australia Post believed that mail throughput at suburban post offices increases with the number of employees. From a random sample of