1) If P(A and B) = 0, A and B are mutually exclusive. Otherwise, A and B can occur jointly
P(B) = 0.370
P (A and B) = 0.140
P(C) = 0.200
Compute the probability of event A or B and enter your answer with 3 decimal places?
2) If you toss a die twice. What is the probability that the total is none of (4,6,9)?
3) Let's assume we know that 1% of adult over the age of 60 have lung cancer, that 90% of adult who have lung cancer will test positive (called the true positive) and that 8% of adult that do NOT have lung cancer will also test positive (called a false positive). What is the probability of actually having lung cancer if an adult test positive for lung cancer having cancer if you have a positive test?
4) For a normal distribution with a mean of 119 and standard deviation of 48, what is the Z value for a random value to be 174? (use 2 decimal digits.)
5) Based on the empirical rule (also call the 68-95-99.7 rule). what part of all possible value occur between -3 and +1 standard deviations?