1) A sample of 123 randomly selected students found that the proportion of the students planning to travel
home for Thanksgiving is 0.76. What is the standard deviation of the sampling distribution? Round to 3 decimal digits.
2) Suppose a sample space has things a, b, and c. Twice, draw from the sample space and replace. The possible sequences formed are (aa, ab, ac, ba, bb, bc, ca, cb, cc)
Now suppose there are Y different things. There are Y ways the first draw can occur. For each of the Y ways the first draw can occur, there are Y ways the second draw can occur, resulting in Y times Y, or Y2 sequences. For each of the Y2 sequences formed from 2 draws, there are Y ways the 3rd draw can occur forming y3 sequences. Generalizing, there are yX sequences formed by drawing X times from Y different things with replacement.
Example: the number of state license plates that can be made with 3 letters followed by 3 numbers is 26x26x26x10x10x10 = 26 3 x 10 3 = 17,576,000. From this one style of plate, there are many sequences.
How many sequences of 4 things can be formed from 8 different things with replacement and order is important?
3) A manufacturing process has acceptance limits 100 +or-3. A recent sample produced the measurement in file DATA. Assuming normal distribution, what percentage of the population does not meet the acceptance limits.
Recently Asked Questions
- history class, students take a weekly multiple choice quiz consisting of 6 questions, each with 4 possible answers. If a student randomly guesses at the answer
- please help, thank you please let me know the workings~
- What statistical method would I use when comparing gestational age at birth for smokers and non-smoking mothers as well as if they are urban or rural