Randomly selected 12 student cars have ages with a mean of 7.8 years and a standard deviation
of 3.4 years, while randomly selected 31 faculty cars have ages with a mean of 5.4 years and a standard deviation of 3.5 years.
1. Use a significance level to test the claim that student cars are older than faculty cars.
(a) The test statistic is
(b) The critical value is
(c) Is there sufficient evidence to support the claim that student cars are older than faculty cars?
2. Construct a % confidence interval estimate of the difference , where is the mean age of student cars and is the mean age of faculty cars.
__________ < (us-uf) < ___________
Recently Asked Questions
- Interval Estimation Problem.
- A researcher is interested in the relationship between standardized test scores and student's self-confidence in mathematics.The student's test scores' from
- Data: XY 1521 1623 2127 212 2235 For the data above how do I calculate each below. Please walk me through it, detailed so I will know how to do other similar