- State the null hypothesis and the alternate hypothesis.
- Show the decision rule
graphically. Use the .05 significance level.
- Anonymous manufactures and assembles desks and other office equipment at several plants in California. The weekly production of the Model PCC R206 desk at the Pasadena Plant follows a normal probability distribution with a mean of 200 and a population standard deviation of 16. Recently, because of market expansion, new production methods have been introduced and new employees hired. The vice president of manufacturing would like to investigate whether there has been a changein the weekly production of the Model PCC R206 desk. Is the mean number of desks produced at the Pasadena Plant different from 200 at the 0.01 significance level? The company's internal sampling using 50 weeks, because the plant was shut down for 2 weeks due to vacation and maintenance showed a mean number of desks at 203.5
- Heinz, a manufacturer of ketchup, uses a particular machine to dispense 16 ounces of its ketchup into containers. From many years of experience with the particular dispensing machine, Heinz knows the amount of product in each container follows a normal distribution with a mean of 16 ounces and a standard deviation of 0.15 ounce. A sample of 50 containers filled last hour revealed the mean amount per container was 16.015 ounces. Does this evidence suggest that the mean amount dispensed is different from 16 ounces? Use the .05 significance level.
Recently Asked Questions
- The resting heart rate for healthy adult horses averages 46 beats per minute with a standard deviation of 8 beats per minute. A horse whose resting heart rate
- Two people are selected from a group of eight women and ten men. Find the probability that a)Both are men. b)At least one is a woman.
- A researcher wishes to estimate the number of days it takes an automobile dealer to sell a Chevrolet Aveo. A sample of 50 cars had a mean time on the dealer's