8. Find f′(x) for the following function. Then find f′(8), f′(0), and f′(−21). F (x) =
13. The profit in dollars from the sale of x expensive watches is P(x)=0.08x2−3x+5x0.5−4400.
Find the marginal profit when (a) x=200, (b) x=1000, (c) x=6000, and (d) x=10,000.
14. Use the product rule to find the derivative.
Use the product rule to find the derivative.
3. Find the indicated outputs for
4. For the piecewise function, find the values h (−10), h (4), h (5), and
6. The net revenue for a certain car company (in billions of dollars) between the years 2007 and 2012 is approximated by R(x)=−0.703x3+161.1x2−156.8x+425.8, where x=7 corresponds to the year 2007.
What is the revenue in 2009? What is the revenue in 2012?
21. Find the equilibrium quantity and equilibrium price for the commodity whose supply and demand functions are given.
Supply: p=100q Demand: p=−q2+7,500
The equilibrium quantity is q= at price p=$.
22. Find the equilibrium quantity and equilibrium price for the commodity whose supply and demand functions are given.
Supply: p=q2+20q Demand: p=−4q2+10q+8400
The equilibrium quantity is
(Round to the nearest whole number as needed.)
The equilibrium price is
[ Can you break down each step so I can understand where I went wrong please.]
252,291 students got unstuck by Course
Hero in the last week
Our Expert Tutors provide step by step solutions to help you excel in your courses