Personal income, x Personal outlays, y
1. Construct a scatter plot for the data. Do the data appear to have a positive linear correlation, a negative linear correlation, or no linear correlation? Explain.
2. Calculate the correlation coefficient r. What can you conclude?
3. Test the level of significance of the correlation coefficient r. Use a = 0.05.
4. Find the equation of the regression line for the data. Include the regression line in the scatter plot.
5. Use the regression line to predict the personal outlays when the personal income is 5.3 trillion dollars.
6. Find the coefficient of determination and interpret the results.
7. Find the standard error of estimate and interpret the results.
8. Construct a 95% prediction interval for personal outlays when personal income is 6.4 trillion dollars. Interpret the results.
Recently Asked Questions
- On December 1 of the current year, the following accounts and their balances appear in the ledger of Latte Corp., a coffee processor:
- The air inside a bicycle tire pump has 20.9 joules of heat conducted away from while 67.7 joules of work done are being done on it. What is the change in
- Sandra’s utility function is