1. Suppose that two teams play a series of games that ends when one of the teams has one i number of games. Suppose that each game played is, independently, won by team A with probability p. Find the expected number of games that are played when (a) i = 2 and when (b) i = 3. Show also in both cases that this number is maximized when p = ½.
2. Consider problem 1 with i = 2. Find the variance of the number of games played and show that this number is maximized when p = ½.
Recently Asked Questions
- Draw the major product for the following reactions involving Grignard reagents.
- how would you Calculate the amount of tetraalkylammonium salt (in mg) needed so that the molar ratio of 2-mesyl-oxyoctane to benzyltributylammonium halide is
- Please refer to the attachment to answer this question. This question was created from ITW Activities 25-39 (including essay topic) - Marcus Bourlard.