1. For the following exercise, complete the following:
a. Find the mean, median, and range for each of the two data sets.
b. Find the standard deviation using the rule of thumb for each of the data sets.
c. Compare the two sets and describe what you discover.
The following data sets shows the ages of the first seven presidents (President Washington through President Jackson) and the seven most recent presidents including President Obama. Age is given at time of inauguration.
First 7: 57 61 57 57 58 57 61
Second 7: 61 52 69 64 46 54 47
2. A data set consists of a set of numerical values. Which, if any, of the following statements could be correct?
a. There is no mode.
b. There are two modes.
c. There are three modes.
3. Indicate whether the given statement could apply to a data set consisting of 1,000 values that are all different.
a. The 29th percentile is greater than the 30th percentile.
b. The median is greater than the first quartile.
c. The third quartile is greater than the first quartile.
d. The mean is equal to the median.
e. The range is zero.
This question was asked on May 08, 2010 and answered on May 08, 2010.
Recently Asked Questions
- Assume that, as the compensation professional, you are to present to managers three employment laws that impact compensation. Explain the laws and identify how
- Suppose we take a deck of 52 cards, and throw away all of the Queens. We take an ace of spades, a two of spades, a three of spades, and a four of spades from a
- In ordinal utility, consumer equilibrium occurs at the point where: MRSxy = Py / Px. (Assume good Y is on the Y axis and good X is on the X