A sample of General Mills employees was studied to determine their degree of satisfaction with their present life. A special index, called the index of satisfaction, was used to measure satisfaction. Six factors were studied, namely, age at the time of first marriage (X1), annual income (X2), number of children living (X3), value of all assets (X4), status of health in the form of an index (X5), and the average number of social activities per week-such as bowling and dancing (X6). Suppose the multiple regression equation is:
1. What is the estimated index of satisfaction for a person who first married at 18, has an annual income of $26,500, has three children living, has assets of $156,000, has an index of health status of 141, and has 2.5 social activities a week on the average?
2. Which would add more to satisfaction, an additional income of $10,000 a year or two more social activities a week?
Recently Asked Questions
- What depreciation expense can be shown in the following case:A company's annual accounting period ends on December 31. During the current year a depreciable
- The competition for global advantage led to WWI--A war fought on land and sea and in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East, Why is the period before
- How and why was the industrial city geographically different from the pre-industrial (walking) city? Include in your answer how were upper-and middle class